Thoughts of a multimedia madman

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

TVonics PRISM

I recently noticed an interesting digital TV receiver produced by a company local to me here in South Wales called TVonics. They've produced a small box called the TVO-STB 111 PRISM which looks too unlike a metallic Toblerone. For the fashion conscious it comes in a range of colours / effects including the ever popular pink (why does this colour sell?). The box has been available from Dixon's stores Currys in particular I believe under the Ferguson brand for about £70 but TVonics sell them direct via their own Amazon zShop in the UK for as little as £35.99 which is pretty competitively priced especially considering that it is manufactured by Sony. I've read some good reviews of it, apparently the teletext services on it are suppose to be quite fast and the picture quality appears to be highly rated. I don't have one of these boxes so I can't vouch for it myself but seeing as this box is British designed and built I'd recommend people consider it to the alternatives, after all if we don't support British technology companies we can't complain when we get boxes that aren't optimally designed for our UK TV market. I have difficult condition with digital reception in my area so I'd be interested in finding out if these boxes can offer better reception over the Vestal based boxes I've been using.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home